Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Misty Winter's Dawn

This is the first time I am taking part in a monthly challenge of my Etsy team. Etsy-Beadweavers have a themed challenge every month, the winner picks a theme of the next challenge. The team has MANY members, you probably know it if you are interested in beading communities, in case you don´t - check out their blog: http://etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.ie/
October´s theme is "Misty Winter's Dawn". I have decided on my design as soon as I read the theme announcement. 




The colors I used for this necklace, enhanced by the matte finish of some beads, are inspired by Galway 
Bay, which I see from my window on a cold morning. Do those splashes of purple predict a cold but sunny 
day? The Atlantic has the answer.

I used around 13 different types of beads - from different size seed beads woven into the rich, textured 
spiral, to different Czech glass bead - round and drops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment